Want to learn how to make eye-catching photos in film but no idea where to start? Let Whattaroll’s very own editors lead the way to the epic journey that is analogue photography!
Join Marta Huguet Cuadrado and Adrian Norbert Cuper on April 30th, Sunday, at the Parque de El Capricho in Madrid for the Whattaroll Basic Film Photography Workshop! In this event, you’ll be equipped with everything you need to embark on your own analogue adventure: the basics of using analogue cameras, how to choose the best film for your needs, and techniques for nailing the correct exposure.
Marta and Adrian, who both specialize in portrait photography, will tell you what you’re set to gain by working with film, and how the traditional medium makes sense in the era of digital photography. They will also guide you through the process of creating a photo from selecting the tools of the trade to the finished print. In addition, you will get a lot of tips that you will also need when working with your digital camera. Meanwhile, Parque de El Capricho is a dream location for learning the ins and outs of portraiture, and will provide a perfect backdrop for your practice shots.
After the lessons, participants will join Marta and Adrian for a trip to the lab, where everyone will find out what happens during the magic of developing the films. The workshop will be capped by a selection of the best photo, and the winner will bring home a nice surprise!
Some stuff to take note of:
Whattaroll Basic Film Photography Workshop
30th April 2017, Sunday 11 am.
Parque de El Capricho
1. Workshops will be held in English and Spanish.
2. Required equipment: analogue camera (for 35mm film or medium format film) and photographic film suitable for the camera you’ll be using.
3. There are 20 slots for this workshop. It’ll take place from 11 am to 15 pm.
4. The workshop fee of 40€ does not include the cost of developing films in the lab.
5. The workshop does not cover lessons on film developing and making prints.
6. Deadline for sign up and payment for the workshop is on April, 25th. You can pay via PayPal or cash during the day of the workshop.
Got a question or ready to sign up? Send Marta and Adrian a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Whattaroll Basic Film Photography Workshop” in the subject line!