KODAK PORTRA 400
Derived from the formerly available Portra NC (Natural Color) and Portra VC (Vivid Color) in 160 and 400 ISO, the new Kodak Portra 400 hit the stores in 2011. Kodak modified its layers in order to produce a lot of crucial benefits in photography, such as:
– The finest grain you’ve ever seen for a high-speed negative film
– Ideal features for scanning. Kodak realized that all film photographers need to scan their negatives at this time and age
– Extraordinary enlargement from 35mm
– Natural skin tones and hi-fidelity color reproduction
– Optimized sharpness and fine details
If you want to scan the negatives yourself without compromising saturation, contrast, color, and density, Portra 400 is the film for you. Reliable results are possible even in a wide range of lighting situations due to the 8-stop Dynamic Range unique to this color negative film.
If you want to get an idea about the versatility of this film, try to push and pull it. You’ll be surprised at how comfortable it is to work with this film!
Looking at the photos our readers shared with us, it’s safe to say this film works wonders with portraits, indoor snaps, and landscapes! What do you guys think? Have you ever gotten surprising results with this film? Please let us know, we want our shelves to grow day by day!